Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Life Scrabble

Bless my mother’s dear little cotton secret sockies. In the midst of my sorting out visit visas (AGAIN) pandemonium, answering inane Polish queries, taking mind-numbing inventories of lists and lists of word documents, and keeping my social email banter up at a respectable tempo, I received the most delightful interruption:

Email Scrabble from my mother, sent to all our relatives.

>
> CHANGE ONE LETTER OF THE BOTTOM WORD POSTED AND SEE WHO GETS STUCK AND
>
> CAN'T CONTINUE!
>
> RULES:
>
> YOU CANNOT ADD LETTERS
>
> YOU CANNOT USE FOREIGN LANGUAGES
>
> YOU CAN ONLY CHANGE ONE LETTER
>
> Send it back to the person that sent it to you, plus 10 new people.
>
> STARTING WORD: foot
>
> Hannah - boot
>
> Mary -bout
>
> Dan - boat
>
> Taylor- coat
>
> Nat - coal
>
> Brian - cool
>
> Bryan – fool

I will leave it at Bryan. What a rockstar.

I particularly enjoy the CAPITALISED instructions. Just makes me want to get stuck right on in.

Anyway, severe dehydration has set in as I have now retuned to my desk after hoofing it to the Arabic Typing Office. It’s a 10 minute walk in the sun and it’s got to be at least 100 degrees out there, and I am pushing beads like an Arabian mare at the Desert Classic.

So I have now got Miss Reginald Dwight’s visa application form in right-aligned, illegible italics. And because my A-rab Sugardaddio is in Hong Kong this week, Kotters is her proud sponsor. He has kindly agreed to meet me at Immigration to sign the form. He is now classified in my books as indispensable.

5 comments:

kotters said...

Definitions of indispensable:

1. not to be dispensed with; essential; "foods indispensable to good nutrition"

2. essential: absolutely necessary; vitally necessary; "essential tools and materials"; "funds essential to the completion of the project"; "an indispensable worker"

3.unavoidable; "the routine but indispensable ceremonies of state"

So I'm like that wonder wand you call Nigel. Essential to your satisfaction?

High in Dubai said...

Heddles,

I was worried about the indispensible thing... and my fears seem to have been substantiated.

I fear your A-rab sugar-pops was the least of your fears - enter Kotters!

Heddles said...

Don't flatter yourself Kotters. Go with the 'indispensable WEKKA'. thanks.

High in Dubai - yes, it's worrying.

kotters said...

Nigel may have three speeds and gyro wobble-O attachment but he'll never be a substitute for good old fashioned -ZAR dry wors!

Heddles said...

fair enough