Sunday, June 24, 2007

Bushed

Cripes. Feeling like I’ve been hit by a Bundey’s Ball of Fun tour bus.

We’ve shown Miss Reginald Dwight and Miss O a fair bit of Dubai this weekend, but due to the stinking weather it was more an immersion into the lifestyle experience than a jam-packed sightseeing extravaganza. It’s been marvelous. One more of these tours and I will dethrone Robin Leech as the best host in television history.

Sleepless in Seattle

Man I am dog tired. You know that under water vibe? Today I am a salmon, swimming upstream in an inbox full of inane Polish query-mongering. Insomnia is something I would only wish upon All Blacks supporters, and maybe Mugabe.

Arbitrary thoughts, normally tossed aside, always seem worth exploring at 01:30 when you are lying awake like an ADD child on a glucose rush after a Fizzer binge. Underlining most of them is a pressing need for decisiveness. Ironically, at 02:00 you are no longer decisive anyway. Pros become cons, cons become neutral, and the bastards wash indiscriminately over your conscious mind, which by now has become as unruly as a Russian shot-put champion’s bikini line*.

Daniel Carter vs Schalk
What to wear to work / what not to wear
[Shit it’s late. I am going to DIE at work tomorrow.]
When to take leave for which trips. Trips vs other trips. SA in September VS London in October, or both? Skiing vs Sri Lanka, etc.
[I love my life.]
Is my current job worth a damn in the scheme of things?
This week’s gym timetable. Spinning vs yoga. VS VS VS.
[Intermittent analysis of the weekend. I love my life.]
Analysis of Scar Tissue and Anthony Kiedis’s farked up life. Imagining I am him. Realization: I’m not an addict, it’s cool …
Pondering Life as a Polish salmon.
Was Blood Diamond another one-dimensional Tears-of-the-Sun-in-sheep’s-clothing / Ra-rah America load of horse poo, or a fair attempt at least, at telling the African story. I suspect it was the former. But it was worth it to hear Leo call some chap a doos.

*I always feel like Adrian Mole when I write these posts about the inner workings of my mind. Sue me.

3 comments:

Koekie said...

Regarding: Daniel vs Schalk... Daniel.

Regarding: life as a polish salmon... exhausting and ultimately sear-grilled.

Regarding: Blood Diamond... worth it just to hear Leo's 'Soth Efriken eksent'. But I still cried buckets at the end.

Good one, Adrian Mole (aged 13 and three-quarters).

kotters said...

Pandora!
I adore ya.
I implore ye
Don't ignore me.

Heddles said...

Koekie, you spew forth wisdom like a fountain. It's a good thing I don't have to choose Schalk or CEEEH-Tah, because I have more than enough love to go round.

Kots ... stop it!