Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Gmail

My dear mother and I have this inside joke. She calls me Cabin Crew (drawing on my platonic liasons with my A-rab Sugardaddy), and I affectionately call her the Q-Tip (referring to the pale guy in Me, Myself and Irene. My mother is not pale, nor does she have milky-white hair or pinkish skin. The name just cracks me up).

From time to time I am required to provide technical support to the Q-Tip as she is faced with the daily intimidations of Gmail. The diverse range of her queries never fails to surprise me.

From: Mum
Sent: 05 June 2007 11:00
To: Heddles
Subject: Email
Hello Cabin Crew

As my technological adviser, can I send an email with 9 attachments, or would it be better to send him 2 or 3 separate ones?

(My personal opinion is that as Gmail is so whizzy, it should be no problem! but I know some people have a problem receiving so many attachments at once...)

Yours in eager anticipation
Q Tip


From:
Heddles
Sent: 05 June 2007 11:10
To: Mum
Subject: Email

QT

Oh, bless you!

What we have learned is that Gmail is almost as boundless as the good Lord's love for us. One can send numerous attachments at once. The beauty is that Gmail will inform you should there be any sort of problem.

Kind regards,
Cabin

From: Mum
Sent: 05 June 2007 11:12
To: Heddles
Subject: Email
You little beauty!!! Damika [our Sri Lankan domestic helper] is wondering why I am shrieking hysterically downstairs...
xx


She’s a keeper for her raw entertainment value.

5 comments:

ChewTheCud said...

Ah family tech support. Save me from that. Please!

Heddles said...

The trick is to humour the poor buggers.

kotters said...

Back in the hood. How's things... find anymore A-rabs this weekend?

Koekie said...

You have a lot more patience than me... "No dad, you will NOT get a profile on facebook. Unless you plan on changing your surname. No."

Heddles said...

kots, glad to have you back in the big smoke. look fwd to hearing how it went ... and unfortunately, no nationals bagged this weekend, no.

Koeks, your dad wins! man he's hip!