Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Lays guy, of all people

I don’t know what it is lately about blonde, spanner, rugby players. Not my usual type, by any means.

My thing for Schalk worries me slightly, especially when people make ork comparisons. But I put this little crush of mine down to that whole hands-on, fearless, being-his-own-man vibe he has going on.

But last night I had a dream that I was smooching Francois Pienaar. The Lays guy.

Shit.

I am gob smacked at how F.P. even crossed over into my sub-conscious frame of reference. Let it be known that I have never, not even vaguely, found the man attractive (which is more than I can say for my mother).

Francois came round to my folks’ place, and I was interviewing him for some magazine article. A few things, as is customary with dreams, were amiss. A) he was smoking, and B) there was a rugby field in our lounge and we was watching the Boks in their training routines … live. (Sadly, this must have been before Schalk’s time).

F.P. was, at that time, obviously, unmarried.

Anyway, he kept answering the questions I was throwing at him about rugby, his career etc, with really personal insights into his private life. It was like he wanted to convey his inner self in the article. He just kept opening up, and I just kept writing.

At one point he did ask that I specifically mention the impact that some of the rugby development clinics the squad was involved in had made on his life. He invited me to come and watch one of these … clinics. It turned out that the ‘development clinic’ was actually a full-on rugby match of Boks vs prisoners. They were in black and white stripes and covered in coal … like some kind of Laurel & Hardy/chimney sweep/miner from the 1920’s setup). They were pretty evenly matched. After the game the prisoners went back into their prison cell which was a hell-like flaming inferno.

Anyway, after I had felt sorry for them, Francois again showed his sensitive side. [I can’t believe I’m writing this].

There he was, lying on our couch, just talking, talking, talking. The next thing he started holding my hand, and then lunged. It was a surprisingly gentle kiss.

Rather disturbing.

12 comments:

High in Dubai said...

Oh my oath... That dream was very vivid (I never remember mine). Okay so it suprises me how into huge rugby players you are!

Although at least I have figured out your "type". Scary, but at least I know...

Heddles said...

THEY'RE NOT REALLY MY TYPE! promise!

High in Dubai said...

Yeah, save it for the preacher sister!

Okay fine, I'll let you off the hook!

Heddles said...

Thanks Dubai. You are so gracious.

Champagne Heathen said...

"I have never found the man attractive (which is more than I can say for my mother)".

So you have found your mom attractive? Wouldn't Freud have a field day on you!!

But now for the freaky coincidence here...I actually met Francois Pienaar on Sunday morning. Bumped into him near Pollsmore prison! We're Cape neighbours. And he was very sweet & smiling & humble. And the other time I half bumped into him he was doing the good deed of playing with some neighbourhood kids. Oh, AND... he does have MASSIVE hands - mine got lost in the handshake - so I reckon a bit of action with him would not be too bad at all. Good for you!

Heddles, your subconscious seems to be on par with my life. Freaky. What is happening tomorrow?

Heddles said...

Champs, they don't call you a heathen for nothing. Sorry, bad wording - NO I can't say I've ever found my mother attractive. She, however, has wanted to pounce on Francois on more than one occassion.

HOLD THE PHONE! These coincidences are ra-ther free-aky.

You saw him ... and he was doing community-friendly things! This is bloody bizarre!

Tomorrow my dear ... you may just be winning the LOTTO.

Koekie said...

hahaha... I loved it even more because I read "last night I kissed Francois Pienaar..."

SCREECH. HALT. WHAT!?

Oh right... last night you DREAMT you kissed Francois. Got it.

Peas on Toast said...

The Lays guy?

Could be worse I suppose. Could be the Nik Nak guy, then I'd really start worrying.
;)

Heddles said...

Koekie, I am amazed I got away with that little abuse from you. After what you dished out when I came out the closet about Schalk ...

Peas, look, the Nik Naks guy and smooching would be more of a nightmare combination. EEEEUUU!

Koekie said...

Eish... never mind THE NikNaks smell.

Heddles said...

Koekie, SIS.

Peas on Toast said...

Oh yes....and then of course, there's the little theory about Nik Naks.

But let's not go into that on this Monday morgen.