Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Just chill boet

Frostbite. You travel to the Middle East, hoping to avoid the misery that is waiting for the 270 in a bus 'shelter' that would at best shelter a pack of Arctic wolves accustomed to frozen seal meals.

The truth is, there is a Dubai equivalent. It is called Mall Aircon.

These guys are not afraid to turn it all down way into the minuses just as atmospheric temps begin to creep up to the 30's as we leave winter. Hell's teeth - it is 26 degrees outside, let's balance it out with a healthy whack of carbon emissions and get that dial down to prevent any freak Eskimo Pie melting incidents.

I am beginning to wish I hadn't ceremoniously cut my once cream, snakebite-splattered London coat into slices. It had character, that's for sure - with it's flourishing colonies of public transport bacteria species, 1 x size 12 footprint on the back (whether or not I had been wearing it when the boot came down, I will never know) - and it would have come in handy.

2 comments:

kotters said...

I'd say Summer is coming early this year. I can feel it my bones!

kotters said...

Punk - blogs are supposed to be updated regularly.